Recipe by kv0071971
If you love Mexican Villa's Enchilada Sauce you will love this. Its amazing, definately worth trying that is for sure. It may take a little bit more effort then just opening up a can or a jar, but well worth the extra effort and its not very spicy at all.
- 3⁄4 cup real butter
- 9 tablespoons flour (more as needed)
- 6 cups water
- 7 -8 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 packets williams original chili seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet on low heat, mix 1 ½ sticks butter with four. Make a roux from this, stirring occasionally, do NOT brown, if too runny add more flour.
- In a large pot combine 6 cups water, 7-8 boullion cubes. Bring this mixture to a boil then add chili seasoning. Can cut down chili seasoning to 1 and 1/2 pkgs if you would like, depending on taste preference.
- Add this liquid combo to the cooked flour, stirring till smooth. Make enchiladas. Pour sauce on bottom of enchilada pan and on top of enchiladas.