Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is how we eat tuna melts in Texas! lol Another recipe I got from Family Fun.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- minced jalapeno, to taste-we use 2 because we like things hot
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 bagels, sliced
- Drain tuna from the cans.
- Gently toss the tuna, lime juice, cilantro, onion, avocado, tomato and jalapeno in a bowl.
- Spoon the salad on top of the bagels halves and top with a slice of cheese.
- Tast in toaster oven until the cheese melts.