Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is converted from one my mom used to make called Santa Fe Chicken. All my friends ask for Mexican Lasagna when they come over. It's one of my favorites and it is delicious, especially if you like tacos.
- 6 inches corn tortillas
- 1 lb ground turkey (or 1 lb ground beef)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, medium heat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (or you can throw in your own seasonings for a bit of personal preference, ie cumin, chili pepper fla)
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 in pan.
- Lay 6 corn tortillas so they cover the bottom of the pan.
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey over medium-high heat and drain any grease off.
- Reduce to medium heat.
- Mix in salsa, black beans, corn, and taco seasoning. Stir continually.
- When all is mixed thoroughly, put 1/2 of meat mixture on top of the tortillas in the pan.
- Add 6 dollops of sour cream on top of meat mixture in pan. Spread as evenly as possible.
- Lay another 6 tortillas over sour cream layer.
- Add remaining meat mixture.
- Add 6 more dollops of sour cream. Spread evenly.
- Use entire pkg of shredded cheese on top of all layers.
- Cover pan with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover pan and bake for another 5 minutes.
Great recipe. Very easy to make. Definitely a keeper for the family. My 12 year old daughter said "Mama this is soooo good." about 5 times. Thank you for sharing.