Recipe by cervantesbrandi
These are so delicious served with beans and rice. You can turn up the heat more by adding more fresh peppers into the mix.
- 6 smoked pork chops
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 5 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 3 jalapenos (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 small white onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Begin browning the pork chops on each side. Please each pork chop on a plate once browned and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes and onions to the skillet that you browned the pork chops in and saute for about 5 minutes. Next, add the jalapenos and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the pork chops back into the skillet carefully mixing them into the tomato mixture.
- Add the cup of water, salt, cumin, and cilantro. Give the mix a good stir and cover.
- Cook on medium low, covered, for an additional 20 minutes stirring occasionally.