Recipe by Stacey Sweet
This is a great recipe to use up left over ground beef from a taco night! Stacey
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb short pasta
- 8 ounces cooked ground beef, seasoned to taste
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan melt better over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook while whisking steadily for 2 minutes.
- Add milk to the flower mixture, whisking steadily.
- Continue to whisk until milk comes to a boil.
- Add mustard, cayenne, salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Continue whisking until sauce thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Set saucepan aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until not quite al dente.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Butter a shallow 3-4 quart baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together cooked pasta, cooked ground beef, sauce, Monterey Jack, cheddar and mozzarella.
- Transfer mixture to buttered baking dish.
- Smooth top.
- Ina small bowl combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and cilantro.
- Sprinkle evenly over pasta.
- Bake pasta for 25-30 minutes at 375° or until top is golden and sauces is starting to bubble.