1/4 Photos of Mexican Style Hot Pickled Carrots
These are the hot carrots like you get in Mexican restaurants. They are positively addictive. I usually make a batch and share with a friend or neighbor. This recipe comes from a restaurant in San Diego called Alta Vista. It was owned and run by a woman named Mary Sargent. Her loyal customers were saddened when she closed her doors and retired, but at least we are able to make these delicious carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put carrots in a large 3 or 4-quart pot. Add warm water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Boil for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- 3To pot, add the peppers, onions, oregano, garlic, vinegar, bay leaves and salt.
- 4Let cool for 2-3 hours. Put in jars and place in refrigerator. These will keep for a week after opening jar.
- 5Can also be kept in airtight containers in refrigerator.
- 6Makes 8-9 cups.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Style Hot Pickled Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 611.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g