Recipe by heatherhopecs
Adapted from fastpaleo.com.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Fantastic recipe! I used ground beef and a small amount of chorizo, rotel tomatoes, and eliminated the olives. I also topped this with my standard guacamole recipe instead of the mixture in the recipe. I will definitely make this again!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (e.g. Rotel)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced
- 4 yellow bell peppers
- fresh salsa
- 3 avocados
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Brown beef with the packet of taco seasoning.
- While beef is browning, chop the white onion and cilantro. Add onion and cilantro to the beef and saute another 5 minutes.
- Half and seed the bell peppers. Take one half of one bell pepper, finely dice it.
- Add diced bell pepper, canned tomatoes, 6 oz can of tomato paste, and olives to the meat mixture.
- Grease a baking dish and place bell peppers open side up in the pan.
- Using a slotted spoon to remove any excess liquid, fill each pepper with the meat mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- For the topping:.
- While the peppers are baking, mash up the avocados and 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder.
- When peppers are done, scoop some guacamole on top and use salsa as desired.