Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I wanted to use some items in the fridge and freezer that were sitting around. I came up with this and was pleasantly surprised.
- 1 cup Fritos chili cheese corn chips, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups pita bread, diced
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup nacho cheese (the kind that has a kick to it already)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup frozen mexican-style vegetables
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 12 ounces beef round tip steaks, sliced across the grain into bite size pieces (or any other steak, really)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning (I like french-fry seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 slices American cheese
- sour cream
- For crust, combine fritos, pita and egg.
- Spread in casserole dish.
- In bowl, combine frozen veggies, milk and nacho cheese.
- Pour over crust layer.
- In Saute pan, brown beef and steak.
- Season meat with french fry seasoning, mexican seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle beef mixture on top of casserole layers.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Break american cheese into small pieces and layer on top.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.