Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by -- Stylz --. She says Its the shredded beef you get at mexican restaurants and it comes out just like it!! I've made it with a smaller roast and now make it with only with large roasts because it freezes so well!!
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 4 ounces green chili peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 1⁄2 ounces beef broth (1/2 can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the roast of any excess fat, and season with all ingredients listed above.
- Marinate to your liking (2 hours to 3 days, I usually leave it 3 days so the flavors are all through the meat). Just wrap the roast (after its been marinated and before you put it in the crockpot) in tinfoil. Place roast in foil large enough to enclose the meat. It won't float because the roast is heavy. The tinfoil is to keep the meat tender.
- Cover and cook on High for 6 hours, checking to make sure there is always at least a small amount of liquid in the bottom. Remove foil and reduce heat to Low. when you take the foil off the meat might not be ready to shred. just keep cooking for a few hours until you can take a fork and shred the beef. Continue cooking for 2 to 4 hours, or until meat is totally tender and falls apart.