Recipe by COOKGIRl
A multi-purpose seasoning without the added sodium found in store brands. Use in taco meat, salad dressing, baked potatoes, rice, etc. You'll soon realize that this spice mix also works well in some Greek/Mediterranean recipes! From the Instant Ethnic Cook.
- 1⁄4 cup pure chile powder (read NOTE*)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin or 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- *NOTE: Pure chili powder is just that. Ground up roasted dry chilis blended to a fine powder. It is not the store bought chili powder mix that includes other herbs and spices. The spiciness of this seasoning mix depends on the chilis you select.
- Combine all ingredients in mini-blender, coffee mill or food processor. Process until well blended.
- Store in clean, dry airtight container. Shelf life is about 3 months. Shake well before using. Keep from heat, light and moisture.