Recipe by Potluck
This is so easy and very tasty. Makes a great side dish with any Mexican/Tex Mex dish. This dish is one of my son's favorites to cook with his wonderful enchiladas. He knows his way in the kitchen.
Top Review by MellisaM83
This looks really good and I cant wait to try it. ~munchkin Mama. You probably didnt turn the stove to simmer the rice. When cooking rice you bring it to a hard boil, then reduce to simmer and cover. If you left it to boil for 25 mins uncovered then thats probably why all the liquid evaporated before the rice was done. Typically rice takes 20 to 25 mins. to cook. Just simmer and cover next time :)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium size saucepan, heat oil. Add rice; stir to brown.
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT cheese.
- Bring to full boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Pour into small baking dish, top with shredded cheese. You may add more cheese if you prefer. I like to add a little chopped green onion on the cheese for color. I've also used brown rice in place of regular rice.
- Bake at 350°F until cheese is melted.