Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
A dessert candy that is ready to eat in 10 minutes. EXTREMELY DECADENT..! Only for the very sweet tooth. Very finicky recipe, timing is everything A candy thermometer is very handy. Otherwise, test for soft ball stage by dropping one drop into cool water, if it balls up you are ready.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whole pecans
- In a two-quart saucepan combine both sugars,the corn syrup,butter or margarine and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the nuts and continue to cook over medium heat until candy reaches soft ball stage or 238 degrees Farenheit.
- Remove from heat and stir rapidly until mixture begins to lose it's gloss.
- Quickly drop candy from a teaspoon on to waxed paper and allow to harden.