Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have not made this myself, but my friend who was on Weight Watchers made it and it was yummy. I sent it to another friend who was also on Weight Watchers and she really enjoyed it. One serving is only 3 points.
- 1⁄2 lb raw extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb raw lean ground turkey
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 ounces cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces canned green chili peppers, diced
- 8 ounces red enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray broiler pan with fat free cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except 4 oz of the enchilada sauce.
- Form into a loaf shape with your hands
- Place on broiler pan.
- Cook 1 hour
- Top with the rest of the enchilada sauce.
- Cook 5 minutes longer
- Slice and serve.
This is the best meatloaf I have ever tasted. We made it using all extra lean beef and panko breadcrumbs instead of stuffing mix.
If you like Mexican food, you are in for a treat with this recipe! YUM!
this was a very easy recipe. took about 10 min to get into the oven. instead of a broiler pan i used a stone bread loaf pan with a good result. http://justdorkin.blogspot.com