Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this tangy dressing on a fruit salad, a green salad or even on chicken before BBQing it.
- 9.85 ml grated orange rind
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar or 29.58 ml distilled white vinegar
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, minced or 9.85 ml dried basil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 14.79 ml honey
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml cumin, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- In a non metal bowl whisk all the ingedients.
- Cover& chill for up to 4 hours.
Oops put 2 tab of honey! So yummy!
Really excellent on a salad with red grapes and avocado! I did use a teaspoon of oil because I always oil my measuring spoon so the honey doesn't stick, plus I added two large pinches of kosher salt and a few turns of the pepper mill. Made the whole thing in the Vitamix, so it was smooth.
Whipped this up in mini food processor. Tangy, different and no fat! What's not to love?!:? Served this in a whole wheat tortilla bowl with romaine lettuce, black beans, fresh tomatoes and avocado. Incredible FRESH taste! <br/><br/>I added cilantro to the dressing and omitted basil and jalapeno (out of both). Trying with a touch of lime next time.