Recipe by Shawn C
I love twisting up old favorites to a new flavor. Try this for a dinner party or for a pot luck. Since you can make it ahead, it really saves some time.
Top Review by *Petunia*
Sorry, but I can't keep this recipe in 'my cookbook'. The noodles didn't fit the pan (there was about 2-3" of nothing on either side of the pan with the noodles in the middle). We thought the refried beans kinda took center-stage and I don't really care that much for them as it is. Sorry, maybe it's just personal taste :(
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 3 cups cubed chicken, cooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 12 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced olive
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large piece of foil and a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix tomatoes, sauce, stir in chicken spread 1 cup of chicken mix in pan. Top with 4 noodles; spread 1/2 of beans, top with 1 1/2 cup chicken mix, 1 cup cheese, 1/4 cup onion and half of the olives. Repeat with remaining ingredients (noodles, beans, chicken, cheese, onion and olives).
- Cover with foil-sprayed side down.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Bake at 350°F covered for 50 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 18-22 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce, if desired.