Recipe by Randy0911
A light, yet filling Mexican dairy geletin-based dessert given to me by an Hispanic friend. This dessert is delicious plain, or can be prepared with fruits if desired. Mandarin oranges or crushed pineapple are awesome. It can be compared (slightly) to Flan, but does not require baking, and Flan doesn't use geletin.
- 1 quart hot water
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint half-and-half
- canned fruit, drained (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Place cream cheese, half and half, and condensed milk in a blender and blend at low speed until smoothe.
- Add geletin to boiling water and stir to dissolve. Remove any solids left behind.
- Pour geletin/water into 9x13 baking dish. Add cheese mixture and fruit, and stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.