Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A wonderful way to fix an inexpensive cut of meat. Serve it with rice and Mexican Corn.
- 2 (1 lb) flank steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales, in sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- Pound meat on both sides with a meat mallet then sprinkle with salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Unwrap each of the tomales and place in a medium mixing bowl with sauce.
- Roll up each steak from one short side to the other side (like a jelly roll cake).
- Tie securely each steak closed with string or skewers.
- Place Flank steak in slow cooker.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water.
- Combine broth with tomato sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour over steaks.
- Cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Lift out meat rolls and remove ties or skewers.
- Pour cooking liquid into saucepan and don't forget to skim off fat.
- Blend the cornstarch in cold water and add to cooking liquid.
- Cook and stir till thick.
- Serve meat with broth and shredded cheese sprinkled on top.