Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Volumetrics eating plan - Barbara Rolls Customize to your liking
Make and share this Mexican Egg Wrap - Volumetrics recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup diced mixed mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup seeded green bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 tortillas
- 4 tablespoons cherry salsa
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Saute the Canadian bacon for three of four minutes, until it is browned.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms and pepper, and saute for two minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, hot-pepper sauce. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and scramble with the bacon and vegetables. Cook stirring frequently , until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Heat the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in a moist paper towel for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Divide the egg mixture among the tortillas and top with salsa and cheese.