Recipe by Darlene Summers
Quick, easy and yummy!
Top Review by Merlot
Ole!!! You are so right, Darlene, this is quick, easy and packed with flavor. I highly recommend this especially if you are short on time and need a quick and satisfying supper. In fact, this will make a great appetizer when feeding a large group. I think the next time I make it, I will add more diced tomatoes...just a personal preference, but it certainly isn't necessary. Thanks Darlene for ANOTHER great recipe. :-)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (13 ounce) bag nacho chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef and drain well using directions on package of taco seasoning, using the diced tomatoes. Add the taco seasoning and tomatoes to the meat.
- Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and onion.
- Cover bottom of a 9x12 oiled casserole dish with the refried beans.
- Then layer the meat and taco seasoning and tomato mixture over the beans.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top all.
- Bake in 350° oven till cheese melts.
- Serve hot with tortilla or nacho chips.