Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family has been enjoying this recipe for over 20 years. It is almost a requirement that when we make BBQ Brisket that we have to also serve this with it.
- 2 cans cream-style corn
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced green peppers or 1⁄2 cup red pepper (or a combination)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Mix ingredients and pour into a 1 ½ Quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes or until the center is firm to the touch.
- Tastes great with BBQ.
We would give this 4 stars for a great, homey flavor. However, the recipe took 85 minutes to firm up in my oven. It seemed that it would never quit jiggling in the middle and made dinner very, very late. :( I served this as a different kind of sidedish to chili. I love cornbread with my chili and thought this might also compliment the flavors. It is a bit on the sweet side, and for our own preference, in the future I would cut back the sugar just a bit. It would be an excellent side for a spicy meat, like ribs or the brisket mentioned above. The submitting chef was quick to answer my questions about the dish. That is always a plus for any recipe.