Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another allrecipes find. She says "This has got to be the tastiest and the most moist cornbread I have ever made. It is the most requested thing I cook, so I am sharing it. Don't let the ingredients fool you. It's unbelievable
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 ounces canschopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Blend in cream corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.
This was the most delicious cornbread I have ever eaten. I love all of the extra ingredients that gave this bread oomph- the chilies, the cheese, the creamed corn all gave this that something special that took my taste buds over the top. Really moist & flavorful. I checked mine early - it was ready about 5 or so minutes before my buzzer went off. Note:I contacted the recipe poster regarding the missing baking powder(should be 4 tsp) and salt(should be 1/4 tsp) -and she is sending in a correction.
Excellent cornbread! It won best cornbread at my churches chili cook off. The only think I did different was use pepper jack instead of monterey jack. I have made it a few more times and it is great every time :o) Thanks for sharing!
This was a really good cornbread, but not quite as spicy as I would like. I will make this again, because it is a really good base recipe, but I will add a little pepper sauce, for heat, and maybe some chopped onion. Thanks for the great recipe.