Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sugar and spice make this chocolate-flavored coffee so nice!
- 12 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cup regular-grind ground coffee (dry)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream, if desired
- Heat water, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves to boiling in Dutch oven, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in coffee; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate syrup and vanilla; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes for coffee grounds to settle.
- Strain coffee into coffee server or individual cups; discard grounds mixture.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- LET COOL FOR 5 MINUTES!
Wonderful rich coffee. Just as bit too sweet for my taste, but I will be making again, just using a little less of the brown sugar. Thanks for a great recipe.