Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the book Once-a-Month Cooking. It does not require pre-cooking the noodles. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good. I will freeze this in 2 8x8 pans for 2 4 serving meals.
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 3 (1190.67 g) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 118.29 ml salsa (medium or mild)
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg
- 453.59 g ricotta cheese
- 4.92 ml garlic, crushed
- 283.49 g lasagna noodles
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 113.39 g can green chilies
- 354.88 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cook chicken breasts and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- To make sauce, combine chopped onion with tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning and beans.
- To make ricotta layer, whisk egg in small bowl. Whisk in ricotta cheese and garlic.
- Spread 1 cup tomato sauce mixture over the bottom of a greased 9x1392 in casserole. Top with 5 uncooked noodles, overlapping slightly, then with 1/2 the chicken. Lightly spread on one half of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with half of the grated cheese. Top with remaining noodles, chicken, chilies, tomato sauce mixture, and grated cheese. Cover with foil, label and freeze.
- To prepare:.
- Thaw in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350°F Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until noodles are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Cool 10 minutes before serving.