This recipe was featured in an email from the www.kraftfoods.com website.
My Private Note
8 x 8 i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Taco Bell Home Originals thick 'n chunky salsa
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 (6 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup kraft finely shredded four-cheese 2% mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cook and stir chicken and cumin in nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 2 minute Add peppers; cook 2 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa; cook 2 minute Add Neufchatel cheese; cook 2 minute or until melted. Stir in beans and tomatoes.
- 2SPOON 1/3 of chicken mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; top with 1 tortilla and 1/2 each of remaining chicken mixture and shredded cheese. Top with remaining tortilla and chicken mixture; cover with foil.
- 3BAKE 20 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 minute or until melted.
- 4Special Extra: Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped cilantro just before serving.
- 5Serving Suggestion: Serve with a crisp mixed green salad to round out the meal.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 699.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas
2% mexican cheese blend