Easy week night dinner - adapted from a recipe taken from Australian Good Taste Magazine. I used mild salsa to make it kid friendly but go as hot and spicy as you like .
- Heat oil and brown chicken in pan.
- Tip beans over base of 4 cup capacity ovenproof baking dish.
- Top with all the cooked chicken.
- Tip corn over chicken layer.
- Pour over salsa.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
- Serve with guacamole and/or sour cream if desired.
This is a great Mexican casserole. Very easy to make. I did add jalepeno peppers to add a little spice. This will be one of our favorite dishes. Thank you Katew!
Excellent and quick dinner recipe -- and very moorish. I have a great non-stick pan, so didn't need to use the oil to cook the chicken. Didn't have kidney beans, so spread a tin of refried beans on the base of the casserole, then added all the remaining ingredients (used a medium-heat salsa) in the order specified. The flavours are beautiful and it is just so doggone easy to make. It's versatile, too. I think it would be great with sauted onion and bell pepper, and chopped olives. Served with dollops of sour cream. Yummo!
Quick, easy and very tasty....the perfect dish to throw together after a long day at work.
Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #69.