Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a "Mexican lasagne" which is fairly mild. My Mother-in-law originally got the recipe off the electricity bill many years ago. I think it was listed under a different name.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package tortilla
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- Sautee onions and mushrooms in butter.
- Mix together all ingredients except the tortillas, chicken broth, cheese, and chicken.
- Soak the tortillas in the chicken broth to soften.
- Starting with the tortillas, layer the ingredients in a 9x13 inch casserole dish, leaving the top layer as the mixture of ingredients.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This was delicious...I used lower salt versions of the canned soups,I did adjust the seasonings to my liking before I layered the dish...I used low carb tortillas...tasted better the second day...it was very very yummy!