Recipe by MrsKnox2016
Warm, melty, zippy and so quick! I saw this dish made originally on a food network show, but with my inability to make a recipe as is, I just had to fiddle with it an make it that much more easy to make. A great weeknight meal!
- 1 lb deli roast beef, sliced thin
- 10 ounces rotel (your choice of heat level)
- 8 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 slices American cheese (or your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Lay deli roast beef in one large stack. Slice stack into 1/2 inch strips.
- In a large preheated skillet over medium heat, add roast beef and "unstick" the slices as you add them (you can use the back of a spoon or just pull them apart as you add them).
- Heat until roast beef slices are warm.
- Add can of chilies and rotel, both undrained.
- Heat until simmering for no more than 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Split hoagie buns and place on a baking sheet. Top with 1/4 of meat mixture.
- Split a slice of cheese in half and lay over meat mixture in hoagie. Broil until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy (watch out-they'll still be hot!).