Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
There are so many cheese ball recipes and so many Mexican dip recipes, but I'd never seen a Mexican cheese ball, so I had to try it. DEEEElish! It's great served with tortilla chips or those extra big Scoops corn chips.
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce (I like Pace.)
- NOTE: Toasting the pecans is reflected in the PREP time.
- Toast the pecans at 275 degrees for 20-30 min - do not burn. Stir together nuts with butter and salt and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, blend remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Shape into a ball and roll in the cooled pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve with the tortilla or corn chips.
This was a great recipe for Holiday Appitizers. I have had to make it 5 times since Thanksgiving.
I took this cheeseball to work and it was devoured. Everyone loved it!!!! So simple and full of flavor. Thanks for a great appy!
Not bad but not amazing either. If I made this again I would cut the recipe in half. I made it for a large party and while most of the other stuff on the table was gone, I still had about 3/4 of this cheese ball left.