Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious zesty casserole that leftovers can be used at filling for tortillas or tacos. Add more chili powder or cumin to the recipe for more spice.
- 8 ounces small sized pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 cup scallion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add garlic, onion and bell pepper and cook about 5 minutes or until tender.
- IN a bowl combine pasta, veggie mix, chicken, corn, chilies, 1/2 cup cheese and chili powder.
- Spoon some salsa into bottom of a casserole dish and spoon chicken mix over the salsa. Top with more salsa and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until it is heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with scallions.
Great family meal. Everyone loved it. Super easy to make.