Recipe by deniserford
This recipe came from an old friend. It is simple and delicious. I like to make it for friends when we have dinner parties. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of plain prepared stuffing
- 1 (24 ounce) jar chunky salsa (Hot, Medium or Mild - depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 -6 medium chicken breasts, not cooked,cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) jar jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives (chopped or sliced) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 1/2 cup of water.
- Mix with stuffing.
- Spoon some salsa into bottom of baking dish, then place stuffing on top.
- Cut uncooked chicken into bite size pieces.
- Spoon 3/4 of the jar of salsa on top of the stuffing.
- Place uncooked chicken pieces on top of salsa and stuffing.
- Add remaining salsa on top of chicken.
- Spread sharp cheddar on top of casserole.
- Add optional jalanpeno peppers and/or black olives on top of cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- *Please note that the stuffing will soak up the extra juices, so you can omit the 1/2 cup of water and just put the dry stuffing in the baking dish.*
- **Keep in mind, the more salsa you use, the juicier the casserole will be.
- **Top with sour cream if desired**