Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sirloin steak tacos in soft tortilla with guacamole, beans, lime,salsas, etc...
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks
- garlic salt or salt & pepper
- lime wedge
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- refried beans
- sour cream
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 10 flour tortillas
- Put steak (whole) in a large bowl.
- Add lime, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
- Let chill for about 1 hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium temperature in a medium skillet.
- Cook until both sides of steak are browned and cooked through (about 5 mins) leave aside.
- Cook tortillas on a flat pan until browned and flexible.
- Cut up steak into small squares and put on tortillas.
- mix tomatoes,onions, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add lime, salt to taste.
- Pour sour cream, guacamole, lime wedges, and refired beans on separate bowls and set on table.
- Serve tacos and let guests put on different toppings.
*** I meant to add 5 stars to my last review ???
very good, except for the type of meat suggested. I found the sirloin was too tough and dry. Next time I will try a strip steak instead
This was a great tasting and easy recipe to make. We used sirloin tip. We didn't have time to marinate so we just added about 1/2 packet of taco seasoning and it turned out great. The 5 teenagers we had over for dinner loved assembling the tacos to get exactly what they wanted. Everybody loved it! We can't wait to try it again and marinate as directed. This was a great tasting and fun meal!