Recipe by Wildflour
My mom used to make these every year with her Spanish class students. We LOVE them! Kind of a mexican version of elephant ears, but different. VERY addicting! This makes a lot, so you may want to cut the recipe in half.
Top Review by Troof1997
These are an amazing and easy to make treat. Don't believe me? I, a 15 year old highschool student and my friend, also a 15 year old made them perfectly in about 25 minutes. (Ironically for a spanish project)
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- oil (for frying)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In smaller bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add this gradually, beating, to flour mixture.
- Add a half a stick melted butter, beat.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead til silky and elastic.
- Roll into balls or ropes, and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Fry in hot oil, (370º), til golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Roll/toss in cinnamon/sugar mix.