Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These brownies are rich in chocolate flavor, with a hint of cinnamon. Great for your Cinco de Mayo party served with fried ice cream.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over sides.
- Stir unsweetened chocolate and butter in a heavy large saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar,cinamon, and salt.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
- Continue to whisk until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing surface.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes.
- Cool completly in pan on rack.
- Lift brownie from pan. Cut brownie into 16 squares.