Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook.
Sour Cream Topping
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded (optional)
- tortilla chips, to serve
- Sour Cream Topping: Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl & set aside for later use.
- Saute the beef, onion, & peppers together in a frying pan until the beef is no longer pink, drain excess grease.
- Stir in the sauce, mustard powder, taco seasoning, & beans. Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture in a 9x9 glass dish. Then spread the sour cream mixture over beef.
- Top with cheese, tomato, & lettuce then serve with tortilla chips.
I don't usually work with such an elaborate recipe when doing a bean dip, but this one intrigued me, & when I followed it on down from start to finish, we had a delightful treat ~ Absolutely wonderful! Many thanks for a nice new way for me to impress guests with my finger-food choices! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for playing with us in Please Review My Recipe during the recent tour]