This is a great comfort food. You can cut the cooking time by purchasing a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and it is still fabulous!
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 14 ounces Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 14 ounces whole kernel corn
- 14 ounces black beans
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Place a large pot over medium heat, add EVOO. Add the onions, garlic and season with coriander, cumin, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the Rotel, chicken stock corn and black beans (you can substitute chili beans if you do not like black beans) to the pot and bring to a bubble.
- While the mixture is coming to a bubble, place the tortilla chips (reserving a handful for garnish) in a food processor and pulse to grind, or in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or empty wine bottle. You should have about 1 cups of ground chips. Add the ground chips to the mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add the chopped, cooked chicken to the pot along with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of cilantro and the lime juice, and cook 2-3 more minutes, until the chicken is heated through.
- To serve, ladle the tortilla chicken stew into a bowl and garnish with some of the reserved tortilla chips and some cheddar cheese.