Recipe by Motivated Mama
I'm on a big salad kick and this one is great! Quick, easy & healthy... what more could you want?! Got this from Allrecipes.com.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large salad bowl, combine the brown rice, kidney beans, black beans, corn, onion, green pepper, jalapeno peppers, lime zest and juice, cilantro, garlic, and cumin. Lightly toss all ingredients to mix well, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate salad for 1 hour, toss again, and serve.