Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Delicious and a different twist to the ole Quesadillas.I used 4 tortillas to make a top and bottom for 2, instead of folding in half as recipe from www.sargentocheese.com
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup ortega refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup ortega thick & chunky salsa
- 3⁄4 cup sargento mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 soft 8-inch flour tortillas
- sour cream, for garnish
- sliced green onion, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon.
- In mixing bowl, combine remaining bacon, refried beans and 1/2 cup salsa, blend well.
- Spread 1/4 cup mixture onto half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortillas in half over filling.
- In ungreased skillet, over medium heat, heat 2 filled tortillas at a time for 2 minutes on each side, or until cheese melts.
- Cut each tortilla into 4 triangles.
- Top with sour cream, green onions and reserved bacon.
- Serve immediately.