Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Delicious and a different twist to the ole Quesadillas.I used 4 tortillas to make a top and bottom for 2, instead of folding in half as recipe from www.sargentocheese.com
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup ortega refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup ortega thick & chunky salsa
- 3⁄4 cup sargento mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 soft 8-inch flour tortillas
- sour cream, for garnish
- sliced green onion, for garnish
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon.
- In mixing bowl, combine remaining bacon, refried beans and 1/2 cup salsa, blend well.
- Spread 1/4 cup mixture onto half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortillas in half over filling.
- In ungreased skillet, over medium heat, heat 2 filled tortillas at a time for 2 minutes on each side, or until cheese melts.
- Cut each tortilla into 4 triangles.
- Top with sour cream, green onions and reserved bacon.
- Serve immediately.
These are great - love the twist! And the flavor was awesome. I used a 4 cheese blend. Thanks for sharing!
I didn't cut these up. Used them as lunch. I also fried them in some margarine, instead of dry. They turned out good. I think these would be even better with some kind of Mexican cheese to add a different flavor.
Caroline,One word describes this quesadilla. DELICIOUS!!! I use bacon in my breakfast quesadillas,but never thought to use it in a lunch quesadilla.I also used some of my husbads home canned Salsa,YUM I think the sour cream and salsa really add to this recipe. Thanks so much,Darlene