Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe that I found on ChefMD. A quick & easy stove top chicken recipe. I served this with oven roasted potatoes and asparagus.
- Combine cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Rub mixture over meaty sides of chicken.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to skillet, seasoned side down.
- Cook 5 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Add salsa to skillet.
- Turn chicken over and cover skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer to serving plates and garnish with green onions and serve with lime wedges if desired.
Excellent! I used 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper and it still had quite the zing to it, but we like it like that, but I was trying to make it more mellow for the kids, which did not really work out. I also added 1/3 cup of long grain rice which made a lot of rice along with the salsa. Had to add a bit of chicken broth to be able to cook the rice until tender, perhaps my skillet was too large. I sprinkled with cilantro and green onions just before serving.
Easy and so delicious! I omitted the salt (personal preference). We loved the flavors from the seasonings and salsa. Excellent. I took Andi's suggestion of adding in some rice, and it was absolutely wonderful with the chicken, soaking up all the salsa and juices. I got a great deal on chicken leg quarters, so I threw in thighs & drumsticks - loved it. Thanks for sharing!
As much as I like chicken breast, and after reading the reviews I figured I would be the first to use chicken thighs. This is the kind of chicken for me at least, nice and spicy. Love the salsa here too. I made some rice to go along with this and cooked together. I also heated the salsa separately and poured over the chicken . This was an excellent combo. Made for 1-2-3 hits.