Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was given this recipe from a friend, I know she got it from "Downhome Delights" cookbook.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (I use both)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- Combine first 4 ingredients in 3 qt casserole or dutch oven.
- In large bowl combine all dry ingredients and then add milk, margarine and eggs.
- Stir in onion, chilies and pimento.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50-60 minutes.