Recipe by Chantel2
This is a great crowd pleaser. It keeps well, leftovers are great the next day. Very forgiving to substitutions, exclusions, and additions with regard to the spices. Kids like it better without the chili powder and a mild salsa. From "All Time Family Favorites, Casseroles & One-Dish Meals."
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (or frozen whole kernel corn)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) carton low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- additional salsa (optional, condiment)
- sour cream (optional, condiment)
- guacamole (optional, condiment)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown meat in a large skillet; drain. Add corn, tomato sauce, salsa, chili powder, and cumin. Simmer, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic salt; mix well.
- Arrange 6 tortillas on bottom and up sides of lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish, overlapping as necessary. Top tortillas with half of the meat mixture. Spoon cottage cheese mixture over meat. Arrange remaining tortillas over cottage cheese, overlapping as necessary. Top with remaining meat mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375°F about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Great with additional salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole.