Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These aren't grits in the true sense, that's why the quotation marks. They're made from canned hominy, pulsed in a food processor to give them a grits-like texture. From The Best American Recipes 2001-2002, by chef Bobby Flay. Cooking and preparation times are approximate.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, cook until translucent.
- Add the hominy, cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a food processor, and process until almost smooth - it should have some texture.
- Return the mixture to the pan and stir in the cream.
- Cook until the mixture thickens, about ten minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.