Recipe by PiceSeasGirl
This recipe was handed down in a friend of mines family, she was nice enough to share it with me. These sweet cookies melt in your mouth.
Top Review by 16yochef
very good recipe. very easy if you follow the recipe. my oven is kind of slow so i used 300 degrees rather then 225 and they came out at about the same time, but if your kisses come out as half solid with the bottom being solid and the top being thin turn down your heat. the second time i tried to do it i put the oven on 400 and then came out as half solid, just turn down the heat and they come out completely solid. again very good recipe
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225 F.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla until it starts to froth.
- Add sugar slowly while beating.
- When meringue is shiny and makes firm peaks it is ready.
- Place wax paper on a large cookie sheet.
- Put meringue on wax paper in large size dollops.
- Bake for 1 hour and then turn off oven… leave kisses in the cooling oven for an additional 1 ½ hours before removing from the oven. (Very sweet but no fat!).