Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like Cornbread, you're gona love this one. This Cornbread masterpiece brings out the word "South" in Southern Cooking.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) boxof jiffy cornmeal mix
- 3 eggs, prefer barnyard egg, but city slicker eggs will do
- 8 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 ounces of chopped frozen broccoli
- 1 medium minced onion
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Pour Jiffy Cornmeal Mix in bowl.
- Crack eggs in a different bowl and add cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, broccoli and onions together. Use some elbow grease and stir it real good until all blended together.
- Pour egg mixture into Cornmeal mix and do the same. Make sure it's blended real well.
- Melt butter.
- Pour melted butter into 9x11 pan and roll around until it covers entire bottom.
- Pour in Cornmeal mixture and make sure it is evenly spread throughout pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes.
This was a big hit at our dinner party. Veryone wanted the recipe, thank you Airboat for sharing yiour recipes.