Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Have a vegan? Watching your weight but LOVE cheese, this is IT!! 5 star. I have to give credit to emily @ vegweb for this.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (raw) or 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- Blend all ingredients in blender till very smooth.
- Pour in 2 quart saucepan and cook on med. heat until thick, whisking constantly.
- Use as a cheese sauce for macaroni or on veggies or whatever you like.
I was looking for something to put on a baked potato and broccoli and this was great. I used cashews, added a dash of turmeric and about a 1/4 tsp dry mustard. I'll make this again.
Lovely! This is super easy to make and quite yummy. Delish on steamed cauliflower. I added extra seasonings... more garlic and some cayenne pepper. I used cashews rather than almonds. Thanks for posting, I will make this again for sure!