Recipe by Lizzymommy
Buttery shortbread cookies rolled in crunchy rolled oats that melt in your mouth. Addictive and delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄8 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt; stir into the butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 20 to 24 small balls, about 1/2 inch in diameter. Roll each ball in the oats and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight tin.