Prep 20 hrs
Cook 4 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but it looks beautiful! Cooking time includes placing the assembled trifle in the refrigerator for 4 hours to set. The instructions state that although you could use fresh berries, frozen berries work better because they give off more juice for the pound cake to absorb. From VT Sept 2006.
- 2 (10 ounce) bags frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 (10 ounce) bags frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) fat-free pound cake
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, toss together the strawberries, blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Cut the pound cake lengthwise into 4 thin slices. Spread first slice with 1/4 cup jam. Top with second slice. Continue with remaining slices and jam, finishing with a layer of jam on top of cake. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Line the bottom and sides of a clear trifle dish or large glass souffle dish with the cake slices.
- Spoon in half of the fruit.
- Top with half of the yogurt mixture.
- Layer with remaining slices of cake, fruit, and yogurt mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 4 hours, or overnight, to allow the trifle to set.