Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mel is my mother. This is a very simple recipe that can easily be switched to a Salisbury Steak recipe (see Mel's Salisbury Steaks #67227), or my own quick-and-easy version (see Andy's Quick-and-Easy Meatloaf #67228).
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 lb soda cracker, crushed
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- celery salt, to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat egg slightly.
- Add tomato sauce and combine.
- Add soda crackers and mix well.
- Add beef, onions, and bell pepper.
- Add seasonings to desired amounts.
- Combine well, and form into a loaf shape.
- Spray glass meatloaf or casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 1 hour.