Recipe by Roosie
Save the "guts" from your canteloupe and give this a try... if you've got the guts! ;) This is from a weird cookbook from the '70s called "The Ecological Eclair" by Frances Sheridan Goulart. I have not yet tried this yet. Serving size is a guess.
- 1 cantaloupe, seeds and innards of
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine seeds and innards with concentrate, honey and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot and water. Add to the blender and blend again.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Chill and serve.