1/1 Photo of Melon Salad W/Fresh Mozzarella, Prosciutto and Lime Vinaigrette
This is an interesting combination of flavors--not your usual fruit salad. I was sceptical at first, but I have always had great success with recipes I found in Cusine at Home, so I went for it. It was very good--refreshing and unusual. The basil and mint flavors as well as the prosciutto are all very subtle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe, cubed
- 1/2 ripe honeydew melon, cubed
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1Fry Prosciutto in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Remove; drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- 3Combine melons, mozzarella, and herbs in a large blow.
- 4Whisk together lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, shallot, honey, red pepper, and salt.
- 5Drizzle over fruit and toss gently to coat.
- 6Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with fried prosciutto and coarsely ground fresh black pepper.
- 7Serve salad at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melon Salad W/Fresh Mozzarella, Prosciutto and Lime Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (1247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 201.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: