Recipe by Sharlene~W
This is an interesting combination of flavors--not your usual fruit salad. I was sceptical at first, but I have always had great success with recipes I found in Cusine at Home, so I went for it. It was very good--refreshing and unusual. The basil and mint flavors as well as the prosciutto are all very subtle.
Top Review by jcwchicago2
Great! Made it once for the family, making it tonight for book club. The biggest change I made is that I didn't fry the proscuitto (in fact, the first time I made it I just plain old lunch meat ham and it was still good). Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 ripe cantaloupe, cubed
- 1⁄2 ripe honeydew melon, cubed
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry Prosciutto in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove; drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Combine melons, mozzarella, and herbs in a large blow.
- Whisk together lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, shallot, honey, red pepper, and salt.
- Drizzle over fruit and toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with fried prosciutto and coarsely ground fresh black pepper.
- Serve salad at room temperature.